Mohammad Ajmal Amir Iman Kasab, the lone terrorist arrested during the November 26 terror attacks in Mumbai, on Tuesday once again asked for consular access and legal aid from Pakistan, a top police official said.
He sought legal aid for the second time and has been informed that his letter requesting consular access earlier has been handed over to the Pakistan High Commission.
"We have informed him that the letter has been sent to the Pakistan mission and they have received it," Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Rakesh Maria said in Mumbai.
Maria further said that Kasab has not responded to various offers made by city lawyers to defend him and has said that his first choice is consular access from Pakistan.
Kasab was, earlier in the day, remanded to further police custody till January 19 for his role in the shootout at the Cama and Albless Hospital in South Mumbai.
Kasab and his slain accomplice Ismail Khan had attacked the Cama and Albless Hospital in South Mumbai, killing seven persons there.
The 22-year-old, who has been in the custody of the Crime Branch since his arrest, was not produced before the court due to security concerns.
Additional Metropolitan Magistrate N Shrimangale and Additional Public Prosecutor E B Dhumal, along with court staff, went to the police lockup where Kasab is being kept.