Rediff News
All News

NewsApp (Free)

Read news as it happens
Download NewsApp
Rediff.com  » News » Delhi blast culprits may have fled the country: Commissioner

Delhi blast culprits may have fled the country: Commissioner

Source: PTI
January 06, 2006 18:40 IST
Get Rediff News in your Inbox:
The perpetrators of the deadly Delhi blasts, which left over 60 people dead, may have fled the country, Delhi Police Commissioner K K Paul said in New Delhi on Friday.

"We are aware of the identity of the three persons who planted the explosives. We know them by their code-names, may be they are not in the country now," he said at the annual press conference.

Paul said six persons have been arrested so far in connection with last year's serial blasts. Three persons have been arrested for hatching the conspiracy, while three others have been held for funding the operation. Of the six arrested, two had undergone narco-analysis test in Bangalore and their revelations have indicated that the investigation in on a proper track, the police commissioner said.

Deadly blasts rocked Delhi on October 29 at Paharganj, Sarojini Nagar Market and Govindpuri in which over 65 people were killed and nearly 200 injured. Paul claimed Lashkar-e-Tayiba terrorists hatched the conspiracy.

Delhi Blasts: Complete Coverage

Get Rediff News in your Inbox:
Source: PTI© Copyright 2021 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.
SHARE THIS STORY