A day before Diwali, Delhi was limping back to normalcy today after Saturday's serial bomb blasts that claimed 62 lives and injured 200.
Roads and markets were bustling with people, even as security was stepped up in the national capital and across the country.
The Centre asked all the states to review the security situation in wake of the blasts.
The police said electronic timers were used to trigger the blasts.
It announced a reward of Rs one lakh to anyone offering information about the culprits. The identity of the informant would be kept secret, it added.
No one had been arrested, but raids were conducted at many places, inlcuding hotels and guest houses in Old and South Delhi and nearly two dozen people were detained for questioning in connection.
Meanwhile, a spokesman for 'Islaami-Inquilabi Mahaz', a little-known terrorist outfit linked with Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Tayiba, called up media offices in Srinagar to claim responsibility for the blasts. It was in retaliation for the activities of security forces in Jammu and Kashmir, he said, warning of more attacks in future.
The police, however, put the toll at 59. Nearly 70 of the more than 200 injured were discharged from hospitals.
The government announced a compensation of Rs three lakh for the next of kin of those killed and Rs 50,000 for those who had lost their limbs. The cost of treatment would also be borne by the government.