Stating that the serial blasts in the capital were certainly not accidents, Home Minister Shivraj Patil on Saturday said the government would conduct a thorough investigation into the explosions.
"These were definitely not accidents because three explosions cannot take place simultaneously without any planning," he said an hour after the blasts ripped through the bustling market places.
Mr Patil said the most important thing at this time of crisis is that the people who have gathered at the blast sites should go back to their families so that proper relief could be assured to the victims and police could do their duties effectively.
The Home Minister said so far blasts had occurred in three places -- Paharganj, Sarojini Nagar and Govindpuri -- and the injured had been admitted to the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital and Safdarjung hospital.
"I have talked to the registrars of the hospitals and they have informed me that all the doctors and nurses have been summoned and they are providing information to me every half an hour," Mr Patil said.
Fire tenders had been sent to the service and according to the latest information they have brought the situation under control.
Patil appealed to the people to remain calm and also requested media channels to appeal to the people to move away from the blast sites.
Asked about the casualty figure, he said conflicting reports were coming in and it would be premature to come out with a definite figure at this stage.