Applications are invited in the prescribed form for admission to the MBBS course commencing on August 1, 2004. The entrance examination will be held on Tuesday, June 1, 2004. Application forms, complete in all respects, must reach AIIMS, New Delhi latest by 5 pm on February 25, 2004.
Eligibility: i. Candidates who have passed 12th class examination under 10+2 system or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English securing a minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates) in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English or whose results of Class XII are likely to be declared by mid-July 2004 are eligible to apply. ii. The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years as on December 31, 2004.
The prospectus-cum-application form costing Rs 500 (Rs 400 in case of SC/ST candidates) inclusive of examination fee can be obtained in the following manner:
Against cash payment from any of the following branches of State Bank of India between January 20, 2004 to February 19, 2004:
1. Begum Bazar, Hyderabad
3. Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
4. Guwahati, Assam
5. Chamdoria House, Patna
6. Punjab University, Chandigarh
7. Kutchery Branch, Raipur
8. Silvassa, Dadra & Nagar Haveli
9. AIIMS campus, Ansari Nagar New Delhi (up to February 25, 2004)
10. INA, New Delhi
11. Swasthya Vihar, New Delhi
12. Parliament Street, New Delhi
13. Tilak Nagar, New Delhi
14. Delhi University, Delhi
15. Kalkaji, New Delhi
16. 8th June Road, Panaji, Goa
17. Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
18. Baroda, Gujarat
19. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
20. Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir
21. Main Road, Ranchi, Jharkhand
22. St. Marks Road, Bangalore
23. Main Branch, M.G Road, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
24. Kochi, Kerala
25. Kottayam, Kerala
26. Trichur, Kerala
27. Sultania Road Branch, Bhopal
28. G.R. Medical College branch, Gwalior
29. Medical College Branch, Jabalpur
30. Indore, MP
31. Cuffe Parade, Colaba, Mumbai
32. IIT Powai, Mumbai
33. Pune, Maharashtra
34. Nagpur, Maharashtra
35. Yavatmal, Maharashtra
36. Imphal, Manipur
37. Shillong, Meghalaya
38. Aizawl, Mizoram
39. Kohima, Nagaland
40. Bhubaneshwar, Orissa
41. Cuttack, Orissa
43. Amritsar, Punjab
44. Civil Lines, Ludhiana, Punjab
45. Jaipur, Rajasthan
46. Gangtok, Sikkim
47. Madras University, Chennai
48. Adyar-4, Guindy Road, Chennai
49. Mylapore, Chennai
50. Madurai, Tamil Nadu
51. Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
52. Agartala, Tripura
53. Dehradun, Uttaranchal
54. Sector-2, Noida, UP
55. Navyug Mkt, Ghaziabad, UP
56. Motimahal Marg, Lucknow, UP
58. BHU, Varanasi
59. Park Street, Kolkata
60. Kalighat, SPM Road, Kolkata
By Post: The prospectus-cum-application form can also be obtained by Speed Post/Registered Post by sending a written request with an account payee bank draft for Rs 550 (Rs 450 for SC/ST candidates) payable to the Director, AIIMS, New Delhi. The bank draft issued by the State Bank of India should be drawn on State Bank of India, Service Branch (CODE NO. 7687), New Delhi, and should be valid up to July 2004.
The request must reach the Assistant Controller of Examinations, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110 029 on or before February 19, 2004. Money order/Cheque/Postal order/cash or any other form of payment will not be accepted for postal sale.
The words 'Request for Application form for MBBS Entrance Examination 2004' should be written on the envelope containing request for application form, and also on top of the request letter. The address at which the application form is required should be written clearly in CAPITAL LETTERS and with PIN code.
AIIMS will not be responsible for delay in/non-receipt of application form caused by illegible or incomplete address.
Important: Candidates must obtain application forms only from an authorized branch of SBI or by post from the examination section of AIIMS. Forms obtained from an unauthorized source will be rejected.
Candidates are advised to procure blank application forms as early as possible instead of waiting for the last date. If the application forms are sold out before the last date of sale and the same are not available. AIIMS/State Bank of India or its specified branches will not be responsible for any consequences that may arise due to non-availability of forms. In case of a candidate does not get the form through the post office in time, AIIMS will not be responsible for such lapses.
Schedule of sale of prospectus-cum-application forms:
1. Against cash payment by the above listed SBI branches (except AIIMS campus, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi): January 20, 2004 to February 19, 2004.
2. Against cash payment from SBI, AIIMS Campus, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi: January 20, 2004 to February 25, 2004.
3. By post against bank draft from the office of the Assistant Controller of Examinations, AIIMS: January 20, 2004 to February 19, 2004.
Last date for receipt of completed applications: February 25, 2004 by 5 pm.
After the last date, applications received by courier or by any other means will not be accepted, irrespective of the date of booking.