Ph D, MTech Programmes at IIT Kanpur
The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur invites applications from Indian citizens for admission in the semester commencing from December in the following programmes:
M Tech (Engineering): Materials & Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science, Nuclear Engineering and Technology.
Ph D (Engineering): Aerospace, Biological Science & Bioengineering, Civil, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical, Industrial and Management Engineering, Materials & Metallurgical, Materials Science Programme, Mechanical Engineering.
Ph D (Sciences): Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Statistics.
Ph D (Humanities & Social Sciences): Economics, English (Literature and Linguistics), Philosophy, Sociology.
M Tech: B Tech./BE/BSc(Engineering)/MSc in respective or allied area with a valid GATE/UGC/CSIR score. BTech graduates from IITs with an overall CGPA of 6.5 and a CGPA of 8.0 during the last two semesters in BTech, may also apply without a GATE score. (Such candidates, however, will not be entitled for Institute Assistantship if CGPA is below 8.0)
Ph D (Engineering): MTech/ME/MSc (Engineering) degree in the respective or allied area. The candidates with Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology or Master's degree in Sciences in an allied area with exceptional record and possessing a valid GATE score may also apply.
Ph D (Sciences & HSS): MSc/MA degree in respective or allied area with a valid GATE/UGC/CSIR score.
Financial aid (Assistantship/Scholarship) provided for M Tech and Ph D programmes.
Sponsored and part-time candidates are also considered for M Tech and Ph D programmes.
Sponsored candidates do not require GATE qualification.
Reservation: 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST and 3% for Physically Handicapped (with minimum 40% disability) in each programme.
How to Apply:
Application forms and detailed information can be obtained, free of charge, from the Assistant Registrar (Academic), IIT Kanpur 208016 personally or by sending the request for the same along with a self-addressed cloth-lined envelope of 23 cm x 17 cm bearing a stamp of Rs 25 with a clear identification for the programme you are applying for.
Separate application must be sent for each programme to the concerned department.
For further details log on to: www.iitk.ac.in/doaa/admissions.html
Last date for postal requests for application forms and brochure: October 31, 2003.
Forms can be obtained personally from the Academic Section up to November 10, 2003.
Last date for receipt of completed application form: November 10, 2003.
Photocopies of forms downloaded from the web site are acceptable.
46th National Exhibition of Art
The 46th National Exhibition of Art under the auspices of the Lalit Kala Akademi will be held in Kochi, Kerala in January/February.
There will be a two-tier system of jury for the selection of works and awarding the National Awards.
The National Exhibition will have an invitee section in which works of important artists will be on display.
Artists all over India can apply in the prescribed form along with the application fee to participate in the National Exhibition.
An exhibition of award winners of the 46th National Exhibition of Art will be held in New Delhi.
The last date for receiving the application form is November 10, 2003.
General Information and Conditions:
1. The objective of the 46th National Exhibition of Art, 2003-2004 is to present works of art of excellence both in terms of material application and aesthetic appeal. The exhibition will cover a broad range of art works of all mediums like paintings, sculptures, graphics, photographs, drawings, installation and multi-media. Total number of exhibits displayed is expected to be around 250 to 300.
2. A two-tier jury system will be in place for selecting the exhibits and deciding the awards. The first team of ury members will select out of the entries received in response to the prospectus that are ticked 'For Competition' or 'Not For Competition.' The selection will be made by the jury only on the basis of the photographs/sketch or layout/plan of the installation received (not returnable) with the prospectus along with the bio-data of the artist. The second team of jury members will select the awards winning works from the exhibits selected by the first jury and displayed.
3. Only exhibits selected out of the entries received in the prescribed prospectus and ticked 'For Competition' will be eligible for awards given by the Lalit Kala Akademi. Artists who have already won an award in the National Exhibition of Arts or International Exhibition organized by the Akademi since its inception in August 1954 are not eligible for competition. The entry of an artist, who has already displayed in National Exhibition of Art but not won an award, will be eligible for competing for awards.
4. There is no entry form for the invitee section. The selection of works for the invitee section will be made by a jury, constituted by the Akademi keeping the objectives of the exhibition in view.
5. The exhibits for display in the exhibition must have been fully executed by the artist on or after January 1, 2003 and photograph sent must be of exhibits offered for exhibition. The maximum size of the exhibits will be not more than 6'x6' for a painting, 3'x3'x2' for a sculpture. The photographs etc will be retained by the Akademi in its archives and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
6. The entry fee where it is specified will be accepted only in the form of postal order/bank draft payable to the Secretary, Lalit Kala Akademi drawn on a New Delhi branch. If no postal order/bank draft is received, the prospectus that is ticked 'For Competition' will be treated as 'Not For Competition' and the exhibits will not be eligible for award.
7. The number of the postal order/bank draft for Rs 250 and date of issue by post office/bank must be entered in the prospectus at the space provided.
8. The entry fee will not be accepted in cash or in any other form except postal order/bank draft.
9. No exhibit will be sent by any entrant to the Akademi unless the Akademi sends instruction to the artists. After selection is completed by the jury, the selected artists will be asked to send their exhibits specified by the Akademi to specified collection point. The exhibits will have to be deposited duly packed and packing fit for the transportation by truck/road.
10. There will be 15 awards carrying cash prize of Rs 40,000 each for fifteen works of outstanding merit selected by a jury constituted by the Akademi. It will not be binding on the jury to select 15 exhibits for awards, if in their opinion less than 15 exhibits deserve awards. All awards will carry cash prize of Rs 40,000 each and under no circumstances it can be either reduced or increased.
11. Artists must fill in all four pages of the prospectus including the bio-data. The bio-data will also be placed before the jury. The Akademi will not consider prospectus received from artists who have not signed the declaration below the bio-data section.
Prospectus and entry form can be obtained from:
New Delhi: Lalit Kala Akademi, Rabindra Bhavan, 35 Ferozshah Road, New Delhi 110001. Phones: 011-23387241/42/43. Fax: 011-23782485. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chennai: Lalit Kala Akademi, Regional Centre, 4 Greams Road, Chennai 600006. Phone: 044-28291692. Fax: 044-28291692. E-mail: email@example.com
Lucknow: Rashtriya Lalit Kala Kendra, 1 Ekta Vihar, Aliganj, Lucknow 226020. Phone: 0522-2324067. Fax: 0522-2324067. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kolkata: Rashtriya Lalit Kala Kendra, 361, Keyatala Lane, Kolkata 700029. Phone: 033-24641719, 24653430. Fax: 033-24641719. E-mail: email@example.com
Bhubaneshwar: Rashtriya Lalit Kala Kendra, III/4 Kharvela Nagar, Unit 3, Bhubaneswar 751001. Phone: 0674-2401884. Fax: 0674-2401884. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospectus and entry form can also be obtained from State Lalit Kala Akademis, Zonal Cultural Centres and Art Organisations.
Application form may also be downloaded from the web site: www.lalitkala.org.in