Fellowships for Doctoral Work in Criminology and Police Science
The Bureau of Police Research & Development invites nominations from Indian nationals for fellowships for Doctoral work in Criminology and Police Science.
Six fellowships will be awarded having a value of Rs 5,000 per month for the first two years and Rs 5,600 per month in the third year plus contingency grant of Rs 5,000 per annum. The fellowship are tenable for three years, departmental assistance of Rs 3,000 per year will be paid to the institution where the fellow is registered for Ph D work.
1. Master's degree with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade in criminology/sociology/social work/psychology/social anthropology/public administration/political science/law with IInd class bachelor's degree on the aforesaid subject.
2. NET/SET qualified candidate will be given preference but that is not the criteria of selection.
3. The candidate should either be registered for Ph D programme with any recognized Indian university or should be in the process of registration from the date of award of fellowship.
4. Fellow shall not directly or indirectly carry on any trade business or accept or hold any appointment paid or otherwise during the period of fellowship.
5. Age: Preferable below 30 years on December 31, 2002.
6. Reservation: 20 % of the total numbers of fellowships are reserved for SC/ST candidates.
Application Procedure: Copies of rules and prescribed application for fellowship scheme in criminology and police sciences are available on request.
The request should be addressed to The Director General, Bureau of Police Research & Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, Block No 11, 4th Floor, CGO Complex, Lodhi road, New Delhi 110003. Applicants are required to send self-addressed unstamped envelope of 28 cm x 12 cm attached with the request.
Application in prescribed form should be sent to, the Director General, Bureau of Police Research & Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, Block No 11, 4th Floor, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003, superscribing on the cover Application for Doctoral Fellowship in Criminology and Police Science by November 30, 2003.
Following copies of certificates and testimonials should be attached with the application form:
a. Certified copies of High School Certificate in the evidence of age.
b. Copies of all degree, diploma of certificate obtained, with marks sheets duly attested by a gazetted officer of the central or state government or by the Head of the Institution.
c. Copies of published work if any.
d. Certificate of caste in case of SC/ST candidates.
The topic of research should preferably belong to any of the following areas:
a. Transparency in Police Recruitment.
b. Key Performance Indicators.
c. Police Public Interface.
d. Developing Models for specialized training and Centres of Excellence.
e. Use of Information Technology in Police work.