Biotechnology Overseas Associateship 2003-2004
The Department of Biotechnology invites applications from Indian Nationals for the award of Biotechnology Overseas Associateship for conducting advanced research or undergoing specialised research training in overseas research institutions/laboratories in the priority areas of Biotechnology such as:
a. Basic Research in New Biology and Biotechnology: Genomics/proteomics/bioinformatics/basic biological phenomena with potential application.
b. Agriculture and plant biotechnology.
c. Environment and biodiversity.
d. Medical Biotechnology: Neurosciences.
e. Bioprocess, product development and bioinstrumentation.
f. Animal biotechnology.
g. Aquaculture and Marine Biotechnology.
PhD/MD degree in the area related to biotechnology, with a good record of research contribution in the field of research. Candidates should hold regular/permanent positions in research and academic institutions and should be actively engaged in biotechnology R&D work.
Applications from persons working on temporary positions such as research fellows or associates etc will not be considered.
Details of the award:
Two categories of Associateships are awarded:
1. The Long-term Associateship
Awarded for a period of one year only.
Age limit: Not exceeding 40 years as on January 31, 2004.
Monthly Associateship: US$ 2,000 or its equivalent in the country of study.
Preparatory allowance: Rs 12,000 (one time grant).
Cost of air passage in economy class for joining the overseas laboratory and back.
2. The Short-term Associateship
Normally awarded for three months. However, it may be awarded for a maximum period up to six months in cases where a longer duration is necessary and justified.
Age limit: Not exceeding 50 years as on January 31, 2004.
Monthly Associateship: US$ 2,400 or its equivalent in the country of study.
Preparatory allowance: Rs 10,000 (one time grant).
Cost of air passage for joining the overseas laboratory and back.
Selected candidates may receive the payment of salary and continuance of other service benefits by the institutions to which they belong. However, no liability on any of this account will be borne by the DBT.
Selected candidates shall be required to execute a Service Bond to serve in India after their return to India for a period of one to three years depending upon the duration/category of the Associateship awarded.
Candidates should submit their application (only one copy) typed on plain paper complete with enclosures in the prescribed format through proper channel to Dr Shailja Vaidya Gupta, Principal Scientific Officer, International Collaboration Division, Department of Biotechnology, Block 2, 6th floor, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003 on or before January 31, 2004.
1. Category of the Associateship applied for (Long-term or Short-term):
2. In the case of Short-term Associateship only:
Duration of the Associateship applied for
Justification (in case the proposed duration exceeds three months)
3. Applicant's name (in full), designation and institutional address:
4. Father's/Husband's name (in full)
5. Date and place of birth and age (as on date of receipt of applications)
6. Academic qualifications (degree onwards with year, name of the institution, subjects of specialization and distinctions, if any)
7. Details of the nature and duration of the present and past employment
8. Particulars of current research work (not exceeding one page)
9. Research publications in indexed journals during the last five years (enclose a list, exclude presentations in seminars/symposia; attach reprints of three research papers which you consider the best)
10. Details of the proposed subject of the research/training and its relevance to the priority areas identified by DBT and the plans and programmes of the parent institute. The proposal should be comprehensive. The objectives should be clearly stated and it should not exceed 2 pages.
11. Proposed overseas host institution for availing the associateship (not more than three institutions should be mentioned; indicate whether the consent of host institution has been obtained and if yes, enclose a copy)
12. Details of past overseas visits (mention the country(ies) visited, purpose, year and duration with dates)
13. Have you been previously selected for any Associateship award (National/Overseas) of DBT? If so give details and also attach a brief account of the research conducted along with the comments of the supervisor
14. Particulars of R&D Projects sanctioned by DBT (only ongoing), if any
15. Priority area of the proposed research/training.
Signature of the Candidate
Statement from the present employer
Dr. if selected for the award of the Associateship, as per the terms and conditions of the award shall be granted deputation leave for availing the Associateship. It is also stated that, he/she is a regular/permanent employee of this institution/university.
Signature & Seal of the Head of the Institution
1. The candidates should correspond themselves with their proposed host institution abroad for placement.
2. Applications forwarded by the head of the institution/organisation shall only be considered for selection for the award of the associateship. The applicants are, therefore, advised to ensure that their applications through proper channel reach the Department of Biotechnology on or before the closing date.
All the applicants will be informed about the result of selection in due course and therefore, no interim queries in this regard will be entertained.
For more details visit: http://www.dbtindia.nic.in/programmes/associateship.htmlMore Information You Can Use