Mumbadevi, where Monday's first blast occurred in Mumbai at around 1300, is one of the metropolis' most crowded areas.
Jayesh, who works in one of the buildings near the site of the blast, ran down from his office as soon as he heard the explosion.
He told rediff.com, "People were running. Their bodies were black and blood was dripping down some of them. So I stopped taxis and helped the injured get into them. I asked the drivers to take the injured to hospital."
"Then I ran towards the place where the blast had occurred. Many other people had already reached there and were doing whatever they could to help. They were keeping all the people who were not showing any signs of life on one side and those who were showing some movement were being put into vehicles and taken to JJ Hospital. I saw at least 15 to 20 bodies that were kept aside," Jayesh said.
Eight taxis in the immediate blast area are badly damaged.
A building in front of the blast area bore the brunt of the blast. Shops on the building's ground floor lost its facades. The first two floors lost its balconies; balconies on the remaining floors are badly damaged.
Police Commissioner Ranjit Singh Sharma, who visited the site, confirmed that bomb blasts occurred in two locations -- the Gateway of India and Mumbadevi -- and not four, as earlier reported. He said in both cases, the explosive was placed in the boot (dickey) of taxis.
Sharma said 50 people have been injured in both blasts and admitted to hospital. Of these, he said the condition of some people is critical.
Both Sharma and Maharashtra Minister of State for Home Rajendra Darda, who also visited the site, believe the blasts may be an act of terrorism.
The police at Mumbadevi have been making announcements asking for people to donate blood. Volunteers have been asked to go to the JJ Hospital to donate blood.
More from rediff