Management programmes at XLRI, Jamshedpur
XLRI, Jamshedpur invites applications for admissions to the following academic programmes for 2004.
1. Two-Year Postgraduate Programme in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations.
2. Two-Year Postgraduate Programme in Business Management.
3. Three-Year Executive Postgraduate Programme in Business Management.
4. Fellow Programme in Management.
5. Satellite-based Postgraduate Certificates in Business Management.
To secure admission to XLRI or to any associate member institution, candidates have to appear for XAT-2004, the XLRI Admission Test.
Details of the XAT Online Form, Test Cities and XAT Associate Member Institutions are available at: http://www.xlri.edu/xat
Log on to http://www.xlri.edu/xat for filling the XAT Online Form.
After submitting the form online, a XAT ID will be generated by the computer along with a photo/signature form-cum-payment advice.
Download the photo/signature form-cum-payment advice and send it along with a DD for Rs 700 (non-refundable) in favour of 'XAT Jamshedpur' drawn on SBI, XLRI Branch (Branch Code: 4660) payable at Jamshedpur, to the XAT Office, XLRI, C H Area (E), Jamshedpur 831 001. Please write your name and XAT ID on the reverse of the DD.
Kindly mention the XAT ID in all future correspondence. Your XAT scores will be sent to you individually.
How to apply to XLRI:
1. First register for XAT at http://www.xlri.edu/xat and obtain a XAT ID.
2. Then, apply to XLRI online at http://www.xlri.edu by giving the XAT ID and follow the instructions. After you apply online, you will receive an e-mail with the payment advice to your email id. Please take a printout of the payment advice.
3. Candidates applying to XLRI have to pay a DD for Rs 800 (non-refundable) -- (SC/ST Rs 600; a certificate of proof needs to be enclosed) -- in favour of 'XLRI Jamshedpur' drawn on SBI, XLRI Branch (Branch Code: 4660) payable at Jamshedpur and send it along with the 'Payment Advice' to the Admissions Office, XLRI, C H Area (E), Jamshedpur 831 001. Please write your Name and XAT ID on the reverse of the DD. Kindly mention the XAT ID in all future correspondence.
4. This fee is in addition to the XAT fee of Rs 700 mentioned above.
5. Upon receipt of the payment, further instructions will be sent to the candidate's email address.
6. XLRI prospectus for the year 2004 will be sent by post to the candidates who register for admission to XLRI.
All communications are to be addressed to the Admissions Office, XLRI, Post Box 222, Jamshedpur 831 001, India. or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NRI and foreign students are requested to log on to www.xlri.edu for information about their admission procedure.
Dates to Remember:
August 10, 2003: XAT Online Registration begins.
August 10, 2003: XLRI Online Application begins.
November 30, 2003: XAT Online Registration closes.
December 10, 2003: Application to XLRI closes.
January 4, 2004: Admission Test.
===========================================Two Year Full-time Post Graduate Programme in Management at Aravali Institute of Management
The Aravali Institute of Management was ranked 1st among business schools in Rajasthan and 63rd in India in the Best B-Schools Survey 2002, published in Business Today.
Eligibility: At least three years bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities. Final year students may also apply, but admission is subject to completing graduation by June 30, 2004.
Selection Process: Performance in Common Admission Test, academic track record, group discussion and personal interview.
Interested candidates should procure CAT bulletin and send the duly completed CAT Application Form directly to the concerned IIMs controlling the centres where they wish to take CAT as explained in the CAT bulletin.
The Aravali Institute of Management is affiliated to CAT for shortlisting candidates for its two year full-time Post Graduate Programme in Management. The IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
The Aravali Institute of Management's programme forms along with the information brochure can be obtained from the following State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur branches on payment of Rs 1,000 in cash:
Ahmedabad (C G Road), Ajmer (Station Road), Alwar (Main), Bandikui, Banswara (Main), Barmer (Main), Baroda, Bharatpur (B N Gate), Bhilwara (Bhopal Ganj), Bhopal, Bikaner (Public Park), Bundi, Kolkata (N S Road), Chandigarh, Chennai (Rajaji Salai), Chittorgarh (Collectorate), Churu, Dausa, Dholpur, Dungarpur, Faridabad, Gwalior, Indore, Jaipur (Tilak Marg), Jamshedpur, Jhalawar, Jhunjhunu, Jodhpur (Sardarpura), Kishanganj (Main), Kota (Aerodrome Circle), Mumbai (D N Road), Nagpur, New Delhi (Connaught Circus), Pali (Collectorate), Patna ('R' Block), Ranchi, Ratlam, Rohtak, Sikar (Collectorate), Shri Ganganagar (Public Park), Tonk, Udaipur (Chetak Circle)
Under exceptional circumstances (such as stocks of forms exhausted or none of the above branches being in your location), the programme forms along with the information brochure can be obtained by sending a draft for Rs 1000 in favour of 'Aravali Institute of Management' payable at Jodhpur to the Chairman (Admissions), Aravali Institute of Management, Academic Complex, Marwar Bhawan, Polo No 2, Paota, Jodhpur 342 006, Rajasthan. Phones: 0291-2542235, 2550070. Fax: 0291-2543600. E-mail: email@example.com
Web site : http://www.aravali.org
Issuance of CAT Bulletin by State Bank of India: July 14 to August 22, 2003.
Last date for receipt of completed CAT forms at concerned IIMs: September 12, 2003.
Common Admission Test conducted at selected centres all over India: November 23, 2003.
Issuance of AIM programme forms: August 1, 2003 to December 6, 2003.
Last date for receipt of completed programme forms at AIM: December 6, 2003.
Group Discussion and Personal Interview at Jodhpur: During March/April 2004.
Preparatory classes in Communication, Computers & Mathematics: June 1 to 30, 2004.
Start of academic session: July 6, 2004.