Harbhajan Singh will continue to bowl his "doosra" in the third Test against Pakistan, beginning in Bangalore later this week, despite being reported for suspect bowling action, coach John Wright said on Tuesday.
"Not at all. No," Wright said, when asked if the team management has asked Harbhajan to change his bowling action in the wake of the bowler having been reported.
"We expect Harbhajan to carry on with the way he had been bowling in the last 40-odd Tests," Wright told a press conference.
"Doosra is an important part of his [Harbhajan's] bowling. I am sure that it's going to be just as effective in this Test match as well," he said.
Rallying in Harbhajan's support, Wright said he saw nothing wrong with the off-spinner's reaction to him being reported for suspect bowling action.
"He [Harbhajan] has carried himself well throughout this situation and continues to do so. Anyone in such a situation will make a bit of a reaction, and that's natural. Players are passionate about what they do. I have no problems with his reaction," he said.
Wright also said that he was "surprised" that Harbhajan was reported for suspect action.
Harbhajan, on Monday, expressed disappointment with the way the ICC is handling his case and insisted that there is nothing wrong with his action.
More from rediff