The high court in London [ Images ] has ordered the 'defreezing' of the two British bank accounts of Italian businessman Ottavio Quattrocchi [ Images ], an accused in Bofors case.
The order was issued on January 11, Crown Prosecution sources in London said.
The high court order came after the Crown Prosecution of Britain conveyed to the court that India [ Images ] did not have evidence to link these accounts to the Bofors payoff case.
This was after India's Additional Solicitor-General B Dutta and lawyers acting on behalf of the Prosecution had a meeting in December.
The two accounts, containing Euros 3 million and $1 million, had been frozen in 2003 by a high court order.
The Central Bureau of Investigation, meanwhile, said it will press on with its probe to establish whether the two bank accounts in London were connected with the Bofors payoff case pending against Quattrocchi.
Bofors: BJP, CPI-M ask tough questions
Govt move doesn't surprise investigators
© Copyright 2013 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.