The Lashkar-e-Tayiba terrorists, who carried out the serial blasts here on October 29, had planned another strike in the capital soon and had identified seven places and the Metro rail as targets.
Investigations after the arrest of Tariq Ahmed Dar, the alleged LeT terrorist who had masterminded the attacks, revealed that the group was ready to carry out another string of blasts at various places including crowded markets, police sources said Monday without specifying the targets.
In view of the revelations, security at these places has been stepped up considering that all the four terrorists who triggered the October 29 explosions are still at large.
All of them are Pakistani nationals and are believed to be still somewhere in the country, the sources said. The Delhi Police have also detained three people in Kashmir and are questioning them.
The police expects to extract a lot of information about LeT's plans from Dar as he is believed to be high-ranking Lashkar activist.
Dar, who was acting as a 'spokesman' for LeT in Kashmir, had direct contact over the phone with the outfit's chief Hafiz Mohammad, who is based in Muridke near Lahore in Pakistan.
He had been taken to the sites of the blasts in Delhi to verify his statements. He may also be taken to Jammu and Kashmir soon to identify more of his accomplices.