The Bharatiya Janata Party has asked the Centre to review security arrangements before taking a final decision on plying the bus service between Srinagar and Muzafarrabad which becomes operational on Thursday April 7.
BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said the tourist centre in Srinagar where all the bus passengers had been housed was attacked despite government claims that the building was under tight security.
"What happened in Srinagar was unfortunate but the government should have been prepared for it because of the threats held out by some terrorist organisations," Naqvi told rediff.com in New Delhi.
Asked if the government should postpone the operation of the bus service in view of the attack, Naqvi said that his party is not asking for stopping the bus service for the moment.
"The attack clearly shows that Pakistan has not stopped supporting terrorism. The government should do some serious thinking because it involves national security. The time is not right for free movement of people between India and Pakistan and particularly between Srinagar and Pakistan Occupied Kashmir," he said.