With Karisma Kapoor's wedding day drawing near, father Randhir and uncles Rishi and Rajiv have been closeted in meetings at Mumbai's [ Images ] RK Studios, discussing last-minute details.
Karisma marries childhood friend and Delhi [ Images ] industrialist Sunjay Kapur on September 29.
* It will be held at the Kapoors' Deonar cottage, residence of her late grandfather, the legendary showman Raj Kapoor [ Images ].
* The ceremony is scheduled for 1130 IST and will be conducted according to Sikh rites.
* Randhir Kapoor will wear a sherwani for the wedding.
* Karisma's trousseau is being designed by Manish Malhotra [ Images ]. It includes saris, churidars, ghagra-cholis, salwar-kameezes. They will all be in soft colours, mostly embellished with chikan-work, sequins and kota work.
The bride-to-be specifically requested subtle colours for her trousseau. No loud or contrasting colours as she has worn plenty of bright ensembles in her films. In keeping with the pale, subtle look, her trousseau will be dominated by whites.
* Karisma, sister Kareena [ Images ] and mother Babita will wear saris for the party in the evening of Saturday, September 27, that will be hosted by the groom.
* For the mehendi party on Sunday, Karisma and Kareena will wear lehengas while mother Babita will wear a salwar-kameez.
* For the wedding, Karisma will wear a soft-coloured ensemble, probably off-white, because the wedding is a day affair.
* The bridal jewellery set for the marriage ceremony is entirely made up of diamonds.
* Karisma will wear gold sandals encrusted with diamonds.
* The RK cottage is being decorated with mirrors and mogras. The guests will then have lunch on the spacious lawns of the house.
* The cuisine will be Thai, Italian, North Indian and Mughlai.
* There is no confirmation yet whether there will be a reception. And except for the mehendi and the wedding, no other functions have been announced.
* The wedding invite is in the form of a letter from the bride's parents, Randhir and Babita, and grandmother Krishna Raj Kapoor. The stationery is cream paper and fitted with rudraksha beads.
* Sunjay Kapur's outfit will be designed by Rohit Bal.
Click here for More Features